Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Buddah Blessed It



Kwaku Ananse ft. J Fresco-Buddah Blessed It

Kwaku Ananse-Wakalo Le

Kwaku Ananse-Ebo 1

While I was out there I linked up with a very talented producer, Kwaku Ananse. I met him through Ebo Taylor, one of the musicians I was working with while in Accra, and it turned out we had similar taste in music. He invited me on to his weekly show at Vibe 91.9 FM and when our forces combined, we started a underground hip-hop movement that Accra had never seen. But enought of that.

What we have here is an assortment of beats that I picked up during my four months in Ghana. The first track featured here was a colabo effort after one of our late night shows on Vibe. We were blazed on some sticky Ghana green, but that only helped the creative juices. Now I'm not saying it's J Dilla status, but it's a tasty little beat using a sample from one of Ghana's best muscians. The last two tracks were made by Kwaku Ananse and are fine example of the wicked beats one can make when they can pick from the tree of Ghanian samples. Enjoy.