Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

White Rapper of the Week. .


Yes. I am hooked on the latest trend in reality TV. But after missing out on my fair share of it for nearly a year, I'm hitting it hard like a crack fiend hits a pipe. However, in my defense, I like to think of Ego Trip's White Rapper Show as the smartest reality TV show ever to hit TV land. I can go on and on about all the reasons why this show is smart, but plain and simple. . .the creative team behind this is fucking genius.

So now that I've admitted my problem. . .I'm going to indulge. This week brought the 4th installment of the the white rappers and their mis-adventures. If you're a fucking nerd like me, you've been watching every episode for it's sharp social criticism, it's marketing creativity, and it's funny as hell goofing on all the stereo-types under the sun. This week I've decided to hand out a "White Rapper of the Week" award. Not like anyone gives a shit, and in all honesty, I might even be too lazy to even keep doing this. But I think it needs to be said at least that Jus Rhyme was perhaps the illest dude on the show this episode. Not because he spits hot fiya. No. His rhymes suck. But because dude stood his ground under ridiculously absurdity.

Through the entire Episode the other White Rappers in his team begged him to give up his self-hating, anti-white supremacy, "conscious" rapper image. . .just so they could win the challenge by making a few strippers dance in the club. With the contest, his place in "Da White House," and all his street cred on the line. . .dude stood his ground and stayed true to himself. Respect. If that's not reality for you, then what is? Homeboy kept it mad real. It takes a lot of guts to hold your ground in everyday life, let alone on national television where millions of people can clown on you. He proved to be the strongest person on that show, at least for this round (especially when he refused to claim his prize, a lap dance from the club strippers, not only because he had a girl, but because it was ethically wrong. Respect. . .again).

So Jus Rhyme. . this one is for you. Keep doing you. . .'cause not only are you maintaining integrity for the white rapper game, but for the rap game across the board. Props from this blog that no one reads. Hey, some respect is better than none.