Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Saturday, December 02, 2006

Hell Awaits. . .


No music this time. . .just a little update on the sidebar status. Always expanding the global network, I've set links to a few enlightened brothers worth shouting out.

While in the UK I met the super chill, DJ Andy Williams. This past November I had a chance to visit him and rock out along side him and DJ Miles Cleret at Salon Dome (that's Dome with an accent on the "e". . .couldn't figure out how to get the accent on this computer). I had no idea how musically intense Andy was until he got on and rocked it right. Andy might be the sickest DJ in Montreal, flipping it in many musical styles with smooth and seamless blends. He holds it down daily, weekly, and monthly on the 1's and 2's-his most regular gig is live from CKUT, Montreal on "The Goods" radio show.

Nicholas Petrus graciously gave me a place to rest my head when I was lost in Central Sao Paulo city. Over the three month period that I was there I witnessed his evolution from artist to graphic freedom fighter. He's recently set up a blog and has been posting up some of his stuff here. Check it.

As for the blog art posted up with this blog. It's a shot I took while at the Powerhouse Books opening of the Powerhouse Stadium in DUMBO, New York. Jamel Shabazz and Joe Conzo were holding a little panel on some of the works they've done for Powerhouse. I'm pretty sure this is one of Shabazz's shots, but don't quote me. I found it to be funny as hell. . .hope you all enjoy it too.