Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Monday, May 22, 2006

Treasures from the Deep


Regindaldo Bassa-O Temp


Luiz Melodia-Ebano

These two come from a record that I found while staying with a friend in Sao Paulo. He inherited the records from his grandfather and this is one of his favorites. I wish I could tell you about the record. But the truth is-I can´t find a single thing on it. I just know that it´s a collection of songs from a music festival. The record features some well known and not so well known artist in their debut to the Brazilian public. I´ve never heard of Reginaldo Bassa, but I´m relativly new to the MPB game. As for Luiz Melodia, I know that after breaking out he went on to a very sucessful MPB career and is considered one of the greats of his time. I´ll continue to do my research-but for now just enjoys these tasty tracks. As soon as I get more I´ll be sure to update this post-but I´ve been holding these for a week and I think it´s time to share.