Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Wednesday, December 06, 2006

hip-hop reinvented




Analog Social Club Raw Track


Analog Social Club J fresco Re-Edit


Since I've been back home I've noticed a lot conscious hip-hop heads have been debating over whether we've seen the death. I'm not sure where I stand on that issue. . .in some ways I can agree. Very few hip-hop artist are creating work that says something new or different. Even artist like Mos Def and Common, who normally innovate and raise the bar, are coming real weak. hip-hop might have died with J Dilla.

But when you come across something like this, it gives you hope and makes you think that hip-hop still has some new places to go. Chances are, you haven't heard of these kats. It's a small and quiet movement, but don't be fooled, it's a powerful one. The Analog Social Club i a small group of audio masterminds that carve out well crafted compositions from "carefully selected samples." Consider this your invitation to the club.